Thursday, October 31, 2013

The Reason I Jump, by Naoki Higashida

I recently was given a copy of the new release and bestseller: Reasons I Jump.



It is a quick but enlightening and thought provoking book that I highly recommend.  A young man with autism is the author and he answers questions about how his life has been as an individual with autism.  I realize that these are his opinions but they are a great starting pint for some discussions.

One fact I found fascinating is that the Japanese use three characters to write autism: "self", "shut", and "illness."

Please note, i in no way receive any benefit nor do the authors know I am writing about the book but I think everyone who has a student or child with autism should at least read this book.  It will only take you and afternoon but one afternoon of your time could build a bridge between you and someone you care about.

No comments:

Post a Comment