- Teaching is a craft from the moment students arrive until they leave. There are so many ways to approach a skill as just as many ways to teach it.
- This is the most difficult job to teach while it is one of the easiest to enjoy.
- Students are resilient. Forgive yourself on the day that you make a mistake, miss a teaching moment, or simply aren't your best. They will still learn.
- You can't teach compassion, risk taking, or creativity. You can make it safe to feel compassion, take a risk, or think creatively.
And on a personal note:
- I am way harder on myself than anyone else.
- I love my job and am grateful that I get to do something I am passionate about every day.
- Laughing and celebrating with my students is still my favorite part of the day.